Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: maloneyphoto on March 30, 2021, 09:51:17 am

Title: Large Format Print Drying Racks
Post by: maloneyphoto on March 30, 2021, 09:51:17 am
Hello Friends - does anyone know where I can find drying racks for prints up to 44x58?
Title: Re: Large Format Print Drying Racks
Post by: mearussi on March 30, 2021, 10:42:02 am
Are you wanting flat or hanging? I just made my flat ones out of 1"x1"s and nylon screening.
Title: Re: Large Format Print Drying Racks
Post by: maloneyphoto on March 30, 2021, 10:54:06 am
Flat would be preferred - going DIY route is probably cheaper
Title: Re: Large Format Print Drying Racks
Post by: mearussi on March 30, 2021, 01:28:13 pm
Flat would be preferred - going DIY route is probably cheaper
Yeah, it costs almost nothing. I just put mine together with large staples and glue.
Title: Re: Large Format Print Drying Racks
Post by: maloneyphoto on March 31, 2021, 10:30:54 am
fun spring project - thanks!
Title: Re: Large Format Print Drying Racks
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on April 01, 2021, 07:49:54 am
Hello Friends - does anyone know where I can find drying racks for prints up to 44x58?

Secondhand drying racks for silkscreen printing.  I sold mine some years ago, two of them, 50 layers 130x90 cm, spring actuated.  There are larger ones. I use my old DIY made silkscreen frame dryer cabinet now that has way less layers but larger ones, 160x120cm, and the cabinet has forced warm air blowers. The last more to dry coatings.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla

https://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Title: Re: Large Format Print Drying Racks
Post by: alain on April 15, 2021, 02:39:20 pm
Are you wanting flat or hanging? I just made my flat ones out of 1"x1"s and nylon screening.

What type of nylon screening, the one that's used to keep fly's and mosquito's outside?

Can you place the racks inside each other for far flatter storage?
Title: Re: Large Format Print Drying Racks
Post by: mearussi on April 16, 2021, 10:24:30 am
What type of nylon screening, the one that's used to keep fly's and mosquito's outside?

Can you place the racks inside each other for far flatter storage?
Just regular nylon screening from Home Depot works fine.
Depending on how fancy you want to construct the racks they can either just stack on top of each other or you can build a external cabinet with shelves that the racks can slide in and out of.