Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gcl on December 22, 2006, 12:31:07 pm

Title: Museo Silver Rag with the HP B9180
Post by: gcl on December 22, 2006, 12:31:07 pm
I've had great results with my new B9180 as a complement to my existing Epson 4800 (I needed a "narrow format" printer to print out holiday cards, or so I told my wife as an excuse to get it too).  In any event, I've had very nice results with a variety of HP and non-HP papers (particularly using my favorite Moab Entrada bright white and selecting the profile for Hannemuhle Smooth Fine Art paper).

I've also got some Crane Museo Silver Rag around and wondered whether anyone has tried it with the B9180.  If so, how did you like it, and did you start experimenting with an existing profile as a substitute for a custom one?

Thanks in advance.
Title: Museo Silver Rag with the HP B9180
Post by: DarkPenguin on December 22, 2006, 01:29:55 pm
Haven't but here are a couple of good resources.

The B9180 paper wiki ...

http://www.shadowbrush.org/wiki/index.php?title=B9180Papers (http://www.shadowbrush.org/wiki/index.php?title=B9180Papers)

The 9180 yahoo group...

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hp9100Series/ (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hp9100Series/)
Title: Museo Silver Rag with the HP B9180
Post by: gcl on December 22, 2006, 01:44:15 pm
Quote
Haven't but here are a couple of good resources.

The B9180 paper wiki ...

http://www.shadowbrush.org/wiki/index.php?title=B9180Papers (http://www.shadowbrush.org/wiki/index.php?title=B9180Papers)

The 9180 yahoo group...

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hp9100Series/ (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hp9100Series/)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91962\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Thanks so much.  The wiki led me to Crane's own site, where they have posted a Silver Rag profile for the B9180 (should've checked the obvious first!).
Title: Museo Silver Rag with the HP B9180
Post by: Ronny Nilsen on December 22, 2006, 03:57:11 pm
If anybody needs som profiles for some of the Hahnenuhle or moab papers I've tried in my B9180 they can find them here (http://www.ronnynilsen.com/Photography/Print/).