Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on March 29, 2021, 01:54:37 pm

Title: Encounter
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 29, 2021, 01:54:37 pm
Encounter. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2021/03/29/encounter/)

Title: Re: Encounter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 29, 2021, 01:58:51 pm
I'll bet he has other uses for that device besides beating off people who threaten him.
Title: Re: Encounter
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 30, 2021, 05:17:45 am
I'll bet he has other uses for that device besides beating off people who threaten him.

Indeed, I would hope the billhook is only used for non-human targets.
Title: Re: Encounter
Post by: Bob_B on March 30, 2021, 07:43:27 am
That expression! Nice work Rajan.
Title: Re: Encounter
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 31, 2021, 06:23:50 am
That expression! Nice work Rajan.

Thank you, Bob.
Title: Re: Encounter
Post by: francois on March 31, 2021, 07:01:31 am
He seems very serious and determined.
I like both but the portrait is wonderful.
Title: Re: Encounter
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 31, 2021, 12:45:18 pm
He seems very serious and determined.
I like both but the portrait is wonderful.

The expression was candid and I caught it just as he turned around to see who was following him. He wasn't happy as he first thought I was an 'outsider' (a non-Goan). Once I greeted him in our language he broke into a smile and we had a good chat.
Title: Re: Encounter
Post by: francois on April 01, 2021, 07:01:10 am
…I was an 'outsider' (a non-Goan).…

What, you didn't have your sickle strapped to your waist?  ;D

Anyway, thanks for the always interesting in-context info!