Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: francescogola on March 28, 2021, 06:45:52 pm

Title: Canon Pro and borders restrictions
Post by: francescogola on March 28, 2021, 06:45:52 pm
Hello guys,
Has anyone managed to find a "software" solution to use Matte Black Ink without border restrictions (30mm or 35mm) on a quite old Canon Pixma Pro-1?
I tried to look for previous topics but unfortunately, I didn't find anything working, and I'm not a huge fan of the only "hardware" one I found that consists of replacing the Photo Black Ink cartridge with a Matte Black One and reprofile the printer/paper.
Thank you!
Title: Re: Canon Pro and borders restrictions
Post by: NAwlins_Contrarian on March 28, 2021, 10:52:59 pm
I don't know about the Pro-1 specifically, but with the Pro-10 and Pro-100, many people report success evading the 30mm minimum top and bottom margin restrictions using Qimage. I'm not personally familiar with the technique(s), but you could read, e.g.:

http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage-ultimate/canon-pro-10-30mm-forced-border-work-around-with-fine-art-papers/ (http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage-ultimate/canon-pro-10-30mm-forced-border-work-around-with-fine-art-papers/)

There are probably also other threads in the Qimage forum, or you could start your own there.
Title: Re: Canon Pro and borders restrictions
Post by: francescogola on March 29, 2021, 03:24:37 am
Thank you very much! I'm currently using QImage One and I love it, but so far I was unable to override driver checks.
I'll give it another try, thanks again!
Title: Re: Canon Pro and borders restrictions
Post by: headmj on March 31, 2021, 10:55:01 am
I don't know about the Pro-1 specifically, but with the Pro-10 and Pro-100, many people report success evading the 30mm minimum top and bottom margin restrictions using Qimage. I'm not personally familiar with the technique(s), but you could read, e.g.:

http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage-ultimate/canon-pro-10-30mm-forced-border-work-around-with-fine-art-papers/ (http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage-ultimate/canon-pro-10-30mm-forced-border-work-around-with-fine-art-papers/)

There are probably also other threads in the Qimage forum, or you could start your own there.
Followed the link.  Could not find Jose's work around after searching Youtube.

Title: Re: Canon Pro and borders restrictions
Post by: francescogola on March 31, 2021, 06:33:25 pm
Quick update: there is a software workaround to the issue with QImage, but only for Windows users. If you have a Mac probably the only reliable solution is to buy a new printer :(