Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on March 25, 2021, 01:53:14 pm

Title: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 25, 2021, 01:53:14 pm
Icelandic Winter Sketches - 8. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2021/03/25/icelandic-winter-sketches-8/)

Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 26, 2021, 05:16:05 am
I like #2 a lot.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: sf on March 26, 2021, 12:46:44 pm
I think I like the third photo in your blog (which isn't here) the most.

S
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 26, 2021, 01:41:30 pm
And I'll vote for #1, but I like all three a lot.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 27, 2021, 06:00:47 am
Thank you, Paulo, S, and Eric.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Arlen on March 27, 2021, 06:46:04 pm
All three are very well done, but the B&W Stakfell is my favorite.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: kers on March 27, 2021, 06:56:25 pm
And I'll vote for #1, but I like all three a lot.
+1  the light is magical and sereen
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 28, 2021, 03:04:52 am
All three are very well done, but the B&W Stakfell is my favorite.


Thank you, Arlen and Pieter.

Arlen - neither the second nor the third image is a black & white conversion. The scenes were already monochromatic to the eye.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on March 28, 2021, 10:43:17 am
+1  the light is magical and sereen

Agreed, nice one Rajan.

Dave
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Arlen on March 28, 2021, 11:54:51 am

Thank you, Arlen and Pieter.

Arlen - neither the second nor the third image is a black & white conversion. The scenes were already monochromatic to the eye.

Ah, now that I look more closely, I see that. Either way, it is a very pleasing image.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: francois on March 29, 2021, 06:52:50 am
The second one (on this page) gets my vote. I like the almost B&W shots… But all three are magnificent!
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on April 02, 2021, 06:20:02 pm
Love the first,...

I guess in some respects out lovely planet is still "crisp", "clean" and lovely to behold.

Your image visually sends me to the snow topped peak of Mount Temple.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 03, 2021, 05:58:58 am
Dave, Francois, Leszek - thank you.

Leszek, the first scene was a magnificent experience. It is one of those moments in Iceland when conditions create this sort of effect on the landscape.