Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: uimike on March 13, 2021, 01:06:15 pm

Title: color management and b&w image not printing
Post by: uimike on March 13, 2021, 01:06:15 pm
Well I am stumped, would appreciate some feedback on what is happening.
Epson 800, OEM inks, Moab Entrada Rag Bright.
Software: Lightroom, Photoshop and PrintTool.
Attempting to print a 21-step b&w strip for reading with Color Munki - which I’ve dobe several times.
Goal is comparing Epson
The last succesful one, 2 days ago, was using a downloaded 21-step, apparently untagged, printing as Epson ABW from PrintTool, all fine.
Then using PT and choosing an OEM icc for the paper, and making sure PT chose it ( and print settings dialog had ColorSync, media, etc)  - and, printer went through the motions but no image.
I then tried printing same file from LR, PS, using the same Moab icc - no image.
I converted the image to sRGB profile in Photoshop, tried printing from PT,PS,LR - no image.
I then created in Photoshop a step scale, file being sRGB, still didn’t print from any app, whether I chose the Moab icc or any other one.
Finally, I selected in PrintTool “no color management” and it printed fine.
At this point, I am completely confused about what was happening - anyone ventures an explanation? Thanks!
Title: Re: color management and b&w image not printing
Post by: uimike on March 13, 2021, 04:00:55 pm
Hm, I realize I should probably have posted this under "Colour Management".
Title: Re: color management and b&w image not printing
Post by: uimike on March 13, 2021, 04:02:17 pm
What is the policy for cross-posting, if one realize's it should have been in another subforum?