Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: blaininjapan on March 06, 2021, 11:26:40 am

Title: Zoom Lens Effect/Racking The Lens
Post by: blaininjapan on March 06, 2021, 11:26:40 am
For as long as I can remember, I have enjoyed the zoom lens effect, adding motion to my stills rather than adding in post-processing.   Japan is over 3000km long with 6,852 islands, and we have thousands of temples with dragon statues and carvings, and I photographed thousands of them.  This dragon statue is in Suwako, Japan, and is said to be a power spot. For over a thousand years, pilgrims have visited this Shinto Temple off the beaten path, and The Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu visited once or twice a year.   And I visit at the same times of the year he did, end of year and Obon in summer.  Namaste, Blain in Japan🇯🇵
Title: Re: Zoom Lens Effect/Racking The Lens
Post by: John R on March 06, 2021, 11:34:02 am
Keep them coming Blain. I very much like the effect as it gives the dragon a sense of movement and power.

JR
Title: Re: Zoom Lens Effect/Racking The Lens
Post by: blaininjapan on March 07, 2021, 11:39:38 pm
Thank you, John, for your positivity and kindness.  And I will be sure to share more dragons' images in the future.  Namaste, Blain in Japan🇯🇵