Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on March 03, 2021, 11:02:15 am

Title: Fake Sky
Post by: David Eckels on March 03, 2021, 11:02:15 am
Have at it.  ;D
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: kers on March 03, 2021, 11:23:02 am
must be horrible to live there...;)
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 03, 2021, 02:30:10 pm
It does look fake.
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 03, 2021, 02:37:56 pm
I much prefer the Saguaros with no sky.
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: Bob_B on March 04, 2021, 07:50:50 am
I agree.
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: David Eckels on March 04, 2021, 10:30:28 am
Looking at it this morning, the land is way too dark.
As for the sky, it was an experiment, oh well 8)
Thanks for the comments guys.
Pieter, I had enough snow and cold after 35 years!
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: maddogmurph on March 17, 2021, 08:31:26 pm
Well I didn't realize the sky was fake until after looking. But it's so dark in the foreground that there's nothing for me to work with. And that's probably done to match with that sky, so it kind of works that way if all you're trying to do is trick me.
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: David Eckels on March 18, 2021, 12:25:34 pm
Well I didn't realize the sky was fake until after looking. But it's so dark in the foreground that there's nothing for me to work with. And that's probably done to match with that sky, so it kind of works that way if all you're trying to do is trick me.
I think it was an interesting exercise, but in retrospect, I didn't do enough to blend land and sky. If I had, perhaps I could have really tricked you! ;)
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: petermfiore on March 18, 2021, 12:29:48 pm
Pieter, I had enough snow and cold after 35 years!

David,

That's ok. Weakness is not a fault. ; )

Peter
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: MattBurt on March 18, 2021, 12:30:35 pm
Yeah, needs some work. And do I recognize that particular sky from Photoshop?
I used one of theirs trying out that new feature with a real estate shot and found it acceptable and the client loved it.

It has its place but I'm not convinced this image is it. :)
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: David Eckels on March 18, 2021, 04:24:21 pm
Peter, too funny!
Matt, agree.
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: kers on March 18, 2021, 06:39:34 pm
Looking at it this morning, the land is way too dark.
As for the sky, it was an experiment, oh well 8)
Thanks for the comments guys.
Pieter, I had enough snow and cold after 35 years!
I mean;  must be horrible living under a fake sky...
Title: Re: Fake Sky
Post by: David Eckels on March 19, 2021, 09:43:46 am
I mean;  must be horrible living under a fake sky...
:( Sadly, there are so many here, I've lost count  ;)