Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 01, 2021, 01:14:25 pm
-
While shooting a bridge last night, ducks were merilly crisscrossing its reflections.
-
Very nice.
(And you set up your colored gels just right. ;) )
-
Nice set, my favourite is #3.
-
I like this combination of abstract and something recognizable to draw the eye.
-
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck... except in this instance it isn't, because it's a Coot!
The Coot (Fulica Americana), also known as a Mud Hen or Pouldeau, is a bird of the family Rallidae. Though commonly mistaken for ducks, Coots are only distantly related to ducks and belong to a separate order.
Sorry Slobodan, but I happen to be married to one hell of a serious birdwatcher (called 'Twitchers' in the UK) and who avidly maintains a life list (a diary with every different type of bird she has ever seen around the planet and which is a very long list indeed), who saw me looking at your images over my shoulder and who said "It's not a duck it's a COOT, it's nothing like a duck.."
Nice abstract colours in the water BTW.
Dave (but assisted by Ann, a fully paid up member of the bird watching Gestapo) ;D
-
It looks pretty coot to me.
-
... Sorry Slobodan, but I happen to be married to one hell of a serious birdwatcher...
And she was able to detect that based on a silhouette!? Dave, my friend, never try to get anything past her, if she is so observant ;)
Besides, "coot" doesn't lend itself to the punny title ;)
P.S. Was she talking about the bird or... me?
-
I have this (https://blog.parrikar.com/2015/03/08/google-bike/) tagged as a coot. I hope it's not a duck. 😀
-
Besides, "coot" doesn't lend itself to the punny title ;)
You could have titled them "Some very coot ducks."
-
And she was able to detect that based on a silhouette!?
Yes, absolutely..!!!
And she will be correct, trust me.
P.S. Was she talking about the bird or... me?
Not you Slobodan, she would never be so cruel ;)
Dave
-
I have this (https://blog.parrikar.com/2015/03/08/google-bike/) tagged as a coot. I hope it's not a duck. 😀
Yes Rajan, that is also definitely a Coot ;D
Dave
-
It looks pretty coot to me.
Ha ha ha, very good Eric.
Dave