Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 01, 2021, 11:39:49 am

Title: Reality and Reflection
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 01, 2021, 11:39:49 am
"How well photography reflects reality" comes to mind, mostly due to a stream-of-consciousness associations. My mind works in mysterious ways  :)

While I was shooting bridges last evening, I took these two images 2 minutes apart, with no intention to match. The realization that they do came later.
Title: Re: Reality and Reflection
Post by: rabanito on March 01, 2021, 12:07:19 pm
I miss the ripples on the reflected signature.
A proof that the original was not written in the sky. Probably added later.
 8)
Title: Re: Reality and Reflection
Post by: Michael West on March 01, 2021, 12:41:16 pm
"How well photography reflects reality" comes to mind, mostly due to a stream-of-consciousness associations. My mind works in mysterious ways  :)

While I was shooting bridges last evening, I took these two images 2 minutes apart, with no intention to match. The realization that they do came later.

"dewd. that must have been photoshopped"
Title: Re: Reality and Reflection
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 01, 2021, 01:11:03 pm
"dewd. that must have been photoshopped"

I sympathize.

Both shots are full frame, however.


Title: Re: Reality and Reflection
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 01, 2021, 02:21:33 pm
Great pairing.

But I agree that you have to work on making a wiggly signature for the lower image.
Title: Re: Reality and Reflection
Post by: David Eckels on March 01, 2021, 02:27:50 pm
I would have completely faked it and only acknowledged it under duress ;)
Very cool.
Title: Re: Reality and Reflection
Post by: John R on March 01, 2021, 10:50:54 pm
I liked it at first sight. You guys spoiled it for me. tsk, tsk. Now I notice where the lines meet in the water, they do not align. Go to PS and see if you can "stretch" image to make them align better; if you are interested, that is.

JR
Title: Re: Reality and Reflection
Post by: rabanito on March 02, 2021, 05:01:18 am
I liked it at first sight. You guys spoiled it for me. tsk, tsk.

Well in my case I believed that Slobodan added a touch of humor with his "reflected" signture.
I added mine with the comment about the ripples. The reflection itself doesn't match either :-)

It was well meant. Sorry  :-[
Title: Re: Reality and Reflection
Post by: maddogmurph on March 17, 2021, 08:28:46 pm
Shouldn't this be in Showcase? :P