Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Kern on February 27, 2021, 07:23:30 pm

Title: The Last Gasp of Winter
Post by: Chris Kern on February 27, 2021, 07:23:30 pm
Snapped a few days ago.  I trust Spring is just around the corner.

Night Lights, Rockville, Maryland, USA:

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50970447518_e9ef20a244_c_d.jpg)
Title: Re: The Last Gasp of Winter
Post by: John R on March 02, 2021, 12:23:32 am
Snapped a few days ago.  I trust Spring is just around the corner.
Nicely done. The orange does make the scene more symbolic of dusk in the winter time.

JR
Title: Re: The Last Gasp of Winter
Post by: Chris Kern on March 02, 2021, 09:32:13 am
The orange does make the scene more symbolic of dusk in the winter time.

Interestingly, although the highlights were properly exposed, the camera sensor (Fuji X-T4 X-Trans) must be extremely sensitive to that particular color.  I had to reduce the luminance value in post to preserve the detail in the windows.
Title: Re: The Last Gasp of Winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 02, 2021, 10:44:25 am
It works nicely.