Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on February 27, 2021, 12:52:56 am

Title: Snow Moon
Post by: MattBurt on February 27, 2021, 12:52:56 am
Not all that snowy this year. But nice clear air tonight.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50984616477_3857a58bba_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2kFkucF)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50984441441_72b1ac89c9_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2kFjAaP)
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 27, 2021, 04:28:36 am
Beautiful, the second image.
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: Bob_B on February 27, 2021, 08:28:49 am
I really like your second photo. (What's the significance of the roman numerals?)
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 27, 2021, 08:42:56 am
I'm with Bob. And also curious about the roman numerals.
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: Arlen on February 27, 2021, 04:00:23 pm
I think we're all admiring, and curious about, the barn photo.
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 27, 2021, 05:34:27 pm
I think we're all admiring, and curious about, the barn photo.
Maybe Matt has just started numbering his images in the center, and he got it backwards this time. This must be image number 16.    8)
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: Jonathan Cross on February 28, 2021, 04:55:50 am
Couldn't resist taking this as it was so clear on the night.

Fuji X-T3 with 100-400 lens @ 400mm, spot metered.

Jonathan

Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 28, 2021, 08:14:29 am
Well trust me to be Harry Opposite, but I prefer the first shot  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: MattBurt on February 28, 2021, 08:13:30 pm
Ha ha yeah I should know what the (incorrect if that is what they are) Roman numerals are. But I don't. I'll see if I can find out; it's a small town.
Thanks for the comments. I like tha barn shot more too. I shot at the first location where the pano was taken and then was heading home and the barn shot presented itself. Glad I stopped!
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 01, 2021, 03:35:27 am
I like both!
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: MattBurt on March 02, 2021, 12:54:50 pm
I like both!

Thank you!
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: MattBurt on March 02, 2021, 12:57:02 pm
Ok, I found out that IVX is an old cattle brand used by the family in the past who still own this. They have been ranching here for generations.
I have still not heard any specifics on what, if anything is the meaning behind those letters. I'll report back if I do! :)
Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 02, 2021, 05:58:15 pm
That is intriguing. I'd love to know the rest of the story.

Here's a sample of what Google tells me:
"IVX Stock Forecast, Price & News (Invion) | MarketBeat
Search domain www.marketbeat.com/stocks/ASX/IVX/https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/ASX/IVX/
Invion trades on the ASX under the ticker symbol "IVX." How much money does Invion make? Invion has a market capitalization of $0.00 and generates $3.48 million in revenue each year. What is Invion's official website?"

Probably not connected to your photo, but currently it seems to be an investment operation.

Title: Re: Snow Moon
Post by: MattBurt on March 02, 2021, 06:21:09 pm
That is intriguing. I'd love to know the rest of the story.

Here's a sample of what Google tells me:
"IVX Stock Forecast, Price & News (Invion) | MarketBeat
Search domain www.marketbeat.com/stocks/ASX/IVX/https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/ASX/IVX/
Invion trades on the ASX under the ticker symbol "IVX." How much money does Invion make? Invion has a market capitalization of $0.00 and generates $3.48 million in revenue each year. What is Invion's official website?"

Probably not connected to your photo, but currently it seems to be an investment operation.

I found that too. Pretty sure they are not related! I'll report back again if I get any more info.