Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on February 26, 2021, 07:11:26 pm

Title: Island in the Mist
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 26, 2021, 07:11:26 pm
Foggy mornings of late have brought nice imagery to my camera.
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: degrub on February 26, 2021, 07:17:46 pm
that's really nice.
The reflection and gentle swell ? does make it look a bit like a tsunami just passed through  the island ;)
interesting effect.
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 26, 2021, 10:27:16 pm
+1.
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 27, 2021, 04:34:31 am
The image conveys a lovely, serene vibe. (The water could be softened more with a blur filter in Photoshop to enhance the effect, in my opinion.)
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 27, 2021, 11:45:26 am
I might give that a try, Rajan.
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: petermfiore on February 27, 2021, 03:14:04 pm
I might give that a try, Rajan.

It will flatten the space...Possibly an advantage.

Peter
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 27, 2021, 06:41:23 pm
Well, let's see...I did a fairly soft gaussian blur then painted back some detail at 8,15 and 30% in selected areas...I like it either way.
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 27, 2021, 11:10:21 pm
Both versions work for me.
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: petermfiore on February 28, 2021, 06:58:07 am
Well, let's see...I did a fairly soft Gaussian blur, then painted back some detail at 8,15, and 30% in selected areas...I like it either way.

As Eric said, they both work. The greatest thing about picture-making is we have tons of choices.


Peter...
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 28, 2021, 09:04:06 am
As Eric said, they both work. The greatest thing about picture-making is we have tons of choices.


Peter...

Yep!
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 01, 2021, 03:36:53 am
Quite nice. Avalon?
Title: Re: Island in the Mist
Post by: Chris Calohan on March 01, 2021, 09:49:13 am
Out my back door...sort of Avalon-ish :-)