Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ymc226 on February 23, 2021, 09:01:51 pm

Title: Epson P900 and LR Classic vs Epson Print Layout in prints
Post by: ymc226 on February 23, 2021, 09:01:51 pm
I just am setting up my P900 as my long trusty 3880 did not survive storage and move from East to West.  I was using Image Print 10 with great results (B&W and color) but am still waiting on IP to support the P900.

I never printed from LR direct before and also saw that Epson has its own print program.  If I wanted to use LR Classic to print, are there recommendations as to the settings. I seem to remember recommendations for "printer controls settings" or something to that effect. Otherwise, how is the Epson Print Layout output quality.  I'm about 50/50 color/B&W.
Title: Re: Epson P900 and LR Classic vs Epson Print Layout in prints
Post by: digitaldog on February 23, 2021, 11:15:13 pm
EPL is great for B&W because you can actually see a “soft proof” for Advanced B&W settingscunlike the standard driver through Lightroom.
Title: Re: Epson P900 and LR Classic vs Epson Print Layout in prints
Post by: ymc226 on February 24, 2021, 04:10:45 pm
EPL is great for B&W because you can actually see a “soft proof” for Advanced B&W settingscunlike the standard driver through Lightroom.

Thanks Andy,

Do I export from LR as a TIFF as I did in IMP10 and import to EPL?
Title: Re: Epson P900 and LR Classic vs Epson Print Layout in prints
Post by: digitaldog on February 24, 2021, 04:11:59 pm
Thanks Andy,

Do I export from LR as a TIFF as I did in IMP10 and import to EPL?
Yes, TIFF.
Title: Re: Epson P900 and LR Classic vs Epson Print Layout in prints
Post by: ymc226 on February 24, 2021, 04:20:28 pm
Thank you very much for the quick response.