Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: rgs on February 23, 2021, 07:34:13 pm
-
As many may know, Oklahoma, as well as several other states, has had a recent spell of uncharastically cold weather. The temperature was below freezing for 10 days and one morning was -14 - about 20 degrees colder than our usual coldest days - with about 2 feet of snow (without underlying ice). Having lived in Alaska for several years, I felt right at home, but other Oklahomans were clearly out of their comfort zone. Our local lakes were transformed into winter. And, being Oklahoma, there is the requisite snow-covered rural scene.
-
Great set.
The famous song needs a slight revision: "Oklahoma, where the snow comes sweepin' down the plain..."
That third one at first I thought was a frozen goose.
-
Indeed. I thought swan more than goose and a friend called the shot "Swan Lake". It's been a beautiful couple of weeks and the Alaskan in me enjoyed it.
-
Well done.
Thierry
-
Indeed. I thought swan more than goose and a friend called the shot "Swan Lake". It's been a beautiful couple of weeks and the Alaskan in me enjoyed it.
I agree: Swan is better than Goose.
-
good set !
Your last photo with the van seems to be tropical cold - very warm colours...
-
Nice shots. It looks like a swan.