Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RMW on February 23, 2021, 04:17:50 pm

Title: Honey Island Swamp in February
Post by: RMW on February 23, 2021, 04:17:50 pm
!5mm lens with polarizing filter.
Looking to make images of the swamp that creditably show it's complexity.
Wondering if this image works?
Thanks for checking it out.
Richard
Title: Re: Honey Island Swamp in February
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 23, 2021, 07:50:33 pm
I think it's a good start.
For me, the light branch in front of the tree trunk is distracting, but the bunch of twigs a bit to the right are important. I would clone out the branch.

I look forward to many more in this series. I think it is quite a challenge, but well worth the effort.
Title: Re: Honey Island Swamp in February
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 23, 2021, 10:31:21 pm
Well done, on a scene that is not easy. +1 to Eric's suggestion.
Title: Re: Honey Island Swamp in February
Post by: RMW on February 23, 2021, 10:50:50 pm
Thank you Eric for your suggestion.
And thank you Rajan for seconding it.
Here is the same foto minus the bright stick against the trunk.
it does simplify it a lot.
But the background to me lacks some interest. I'd hoped the chiaracuro in the dense thin trees would work out. But now I think maybe not?
R.
Title: Re: Honey Island Swamp in February
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 24, 2021, 03:57:56 am
I like it, it shows the chaotic character of the place, where nature dominates.
Title: Re: Honey Island Swamp in February
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 25, 2021, 12:33:26 pm
Thank you Eric for your suggestion.
And thank you Rajan for seconding it.
Here is the same foto minus the bright stick against the trunk.
it does simplify it a lot.
But the background to me lacks some interest. I'd hoped the chiaracuro in the dense thin trees would work out. But now I think maybe not?
R.

Yes that is the shot - very moody and I don't mind the chaos, as it seems to give it a more mysterious character - yes it's a good 'un  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Honey Island Swamp in February
Post by: francois on February 26, 2021, 12:07:59 pm
I'm late as usual but the second version is an improvement over the (already very good) first image.
Well seen!
Title: Re: Honey Island Swamp in February
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on February 27, 2021, 12:04:53 am
I like the image a lot. I really don’t like the grey border though.
Title: Re: Honey Island Swamp in February
Post by: RMW on March 01, 2021, 02:15:46 pm
Thank you all !

Martin, I was trying to make it easier to view. But it somehow comes out "clunky".

Dave, Always appreciate your good comments.

Francois, Better late then early is my motto. (As my late response surely attests.)

Be well All.

Richard