Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: seanjkanderson on February 19, 2021, 06:37:39 pm

Title: After the rare rain
Post by: seanjkanderson on February 19, 2021, 06:37:39 pm
Hi everyone! I'm new here and figured I'd post an image to say hello. I've recently been trying to improve my post-processing and am currently reading Schewe's The Digital Negative. Certainly open to comments and critiques! Cheers!

This was shot in Death Valley one year ago after some heavy rain. This mist/fog the next morning was something impressive.
Title: Re: After the rare rain
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 19, 2021, 06:54:52 pm
Welcome to the Forum, Sean.

That's a fascinating image. My one time in Death Valley the day temperatures were in the low 70s, and there were just a few clouds now and then.
That looks like serious atmosphere. Nice catch.

-Eric
Title: Re: After the rare rain
Post by: seanjkanderson on February 19, 2021, 07:10:19 pm
Welcome to the Forum, Sean.

That's a fascinating image. My one time in Death Valley the day temperatures were in the low 70s, and there were just a few clouds now and then.
That looks like serious atmosphere. Nice catch.

-Eric

Thank you Eric!

I think I fixed the upload now to a better resolution as it was a bit blurry before.

That was my one time in Death Valley as well. My father, who has been many a time, said that's the only time he's ever seen that fog. It sure rained out the previous day of shooting though haha.
Title: Re: After the rare rain
Post by: Bob_B on February 20, 2021, 08:00:43 am
Welcome. Very enjoyable photo. I hope to see many more from you.
Title: Re: After the rare rain
Post by: francois on February 20, 2021, 09:01:09 am
Welcome… Stunning shot with superb & elegant lines/shapes!
Title: Re: After the rare rain
Post by: seanjkanderson on February 20, 2021, 07:52:04 pm
Welcome. Very enjoyable photo. I hope to see many more from you.

Thank you, Bob! I'm reprocessing a number of my images recently so I'll try to keep sharing:)

Welcome… Stunning shot with superb & elegant lines/shapes!

Thank you, Francois!
Title: Re: After the rare rain
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 22, 2021, 05:11:09 am
Wonderful photo.
Title: Re: After the rare rain
Post by: MattBurt on February 22, 2021, 12:05:24 pm
Nice. Almost looks like a snowscape.
Title: Re: After the rare rain
Post by: seanjkanderson on February 23, 2021, 08:19:57 pm
Wonderful photo.

Thanks Paulo!

Nice. Almost looks like a snowscape.

Thanks Matt. It was almost cold enough that day I think.