Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 18, 2021, 02:11:11 pm

Title: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 18, 2021, 02:11:11 pm
Sunshine Skyway Bridge, St. Petersburg, Florida.
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: David Eckels on February 18, 2021, 06:21:27 pm
Excellent!
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 18, 2021, 07:11:52 pm
Elegant, beautiful, clearly the work of a master (the photo: yes; the bridge: maybe.)
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 19, 2021, 04:48:08 am
Nice.
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: kers on February 19, 2021, 04:55:14 am
Looks nice and dark, somehow you can feel the covid surge...
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 19, 2021, 08:27:56 am
Elegant, beautiful, clearly the work of a master (the photo: yes; the bridge: maybe.)

Blush, blush 😊
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: RSL on February 19, 2021, 10:27:24 am
Very well done, Slobodan. Bravo!
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: langier on February 19, 2021, 06:34:35 pm
That's your photos plastered all over facebook then. Another job well done, Slobodan!
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 25, 2021, 12:36:43 pm
Mmm, very nice Slobodan and I particularly like the moody processing and colour.

Dave
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: OnlyNorth on February 26, 2021, 09:52:26 am
Much,much beautiful and peaceful than that of Cornelius Ryan.
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 28, 2021, 09:13:51 am
On May 9, 1980, I had just crossed that bridge and was sitting in a Waffle Shop enjoying some pancakes when a trucker came in and said a barge had hit the bridge, dumping a lot of cars into the water...had I of been 15 minutes later leaving my hotel room for my second leg to the Keys, I'd likely be at the bottom of Tampa/St Pete Bay. It's a nice shot, but brings back some oooey-gooey memories.
Title: Re: A Bridge Too Far
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 01, 2021, 11:29:14 am
On May 9, 1980, I had just crossed that bridge and was sitting in a Waffle Shop enjoying some pancakes when a trucker came in and said a barge had hit the bridge, dumping a lot of cars into the water...had I of been 15 minutes later leaving my hotel room for my second leg to the Keys, I'd likely be at the bottom of Tampa/St Pete Bay. It's a nice shot, but brings back some oooey-gooey memories.

Yes. 35 dead.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/2020/05/06/the-sunshine-skyway-bridge-plunged-into-tampa-bay-40-years-ago/