Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 16, 2021, 11:28:33 am

Title: Winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 16, 2021, 11:28:33 am
Two recent winter photos.
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: RSL on February 16, 2021, 11:59:43 am
Yes. I remember that, Eric. But anyway, good shooting.
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: francois on February 16, 2021, 12:18:55 pm
Great images, they look like aerial shots (or I may need new glasses    :( ).
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 16, 2021, 08:06:27 pm
Thanks guys.

Taken from an elevation of about six feet.   ;)
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: BobDavid on February 16, 2021, 11:10:03 pm
these would make fine prints--a lot of sumptuous detail and tonality.
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 16, 2021, 11:28:44 pm
Thanks, Bob.
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: francois on February 17, 2021, 06:10:24 am
Thanks guys.

Taken from an elevation of about six feet.   ;)

Well, that's enough to make it aerial!  ;D

Edit: typo correction
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 17, 2021, 10:24:59 am
 :D
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 18, 2021, 09:57:12 am
Fine images.
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: John R on February 18, 2021, 04:11:31 pm
I have to dismiss the first image because I know Eric was was building a skate surface and made the mistake of using soapy water. See the bubbles and skating marks? Now the second image really does grow on me, but I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps because it has primordial feel to it. Like an old fossil appearing after an ice melt.

JR
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 18, 2021, 07:19:47 pm
Thanks, Rajan and John.

To John: You can't put your finger on it because your finger might freeze.   ;)
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: Arlen on February 26, 2021, 01:32:45 pm
I really like the second one, Eric. My imagination sees an amoeboid engulfment of some hapless prey, in progress.
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 26, 2021, 10:34:57 pm
Thanks, Arlen. I'm always delighted when an image gets a viewer's imagination working.
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: maddogmurph on March 17, 2021, 08:32:29 pm
More of a showcase photo that critique IMHO. These are good.
Title: Re: Winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 18, 2021, 08:53:13 pm
Thanks, Murph.