Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 13, 2021, 10:47:47 am

Title: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 13, 2021, 10:47:47 am
As we are still in lock-down in the UK, to go out shooting is difficult, so instead I have been taking a few more intimate shots during our regular walks around the local area. And with the weather being so cold over the last few weeks (-25c at its lowest point) it has created quite a few unique opportunities for me and in places I would not normally ever dream of looking, such as right beside the road.

Anyhoo enough of my waffle and here is the first of a series of ice and icicles related shots I have bagged over the last couple of weeks and which I hope you will enjoy looking at!

Dave
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 13, 2021, 10:53:05 am
I like this one a lot.
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: Peter McLennan on February 13, 2021, 11:30:34 am
Agreed.  Beautiful.  Well seen and recorded.

Despite the deprivations encountered while shooting, ice photography is rewarding.
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 13, 2021, 03:35:45 pm
... Beautiful.  Well seen and recorded...

+1
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: RSL on February 13, 2021, 03:38:24 pm
+2
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: RMW on February 13, 2021, 07:01:36 pm
+3
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: Arlen on February 14, 2021, 09:51:25 pm
I like it a lot, too. For me it's always hard to decide exactly where to put the boundaries in these kinds of shots. I have to study them quite a bit.
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 15, 2021, 11:20:29 am
Great colours. I think the unexpected contrast between warm and cool tones is engaging.
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 16, 2021, 06:19:49 am
Quite engaging.
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 16, 2021, 11:12:51 am
I reallydo wish it were mine.   :)
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 16, 2021, 12:36:22 pm
Thanks everyone, I was just lucky enough to have been there with my camera when it looked so photographic, but hey isn't that what photography is all about and why wandering around with your camera is so exciting each and every time we go out? :)

I like it a lot, too. For me it's always hard to decide exactly where to put the boundaries in these kinds of shots. I have to study them quite a bit.

Yes I agree Arlen that it's not always easy to see the the best framing with intimate landscape shots like this, but it is a hell of a lot of fun trying  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: maddogmurph on February 18, 2021, 08:45:25 pm
Brilliant Dave. Absolutely fantastic.
Title: Re: Trapped in Ice (1 of 3 of my recent Ice related shots)
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 25, 2021, 12:39:01 pm
Brilliant Dave. Absolutely fantastic.

Thank you so much maddog  ;D

Dave