Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: maddogmurph on February 08, 2021, 03:55:08 am

Title: Monsoon Rally Explosion
Post by: maddogmurph on February 08, 2021, 03:55:08 am
Basically hurtling along in my little CRD at way over any speed you should be going on your way to the pariah plains, spitting up dust sand, and testing the armor on the bottom... we arrived with 10 minutes until sundown, a narrow miss on epic light and a beautiful last light moment. Took me years to process this because it kept crashing my computer. 14x 45MP stitched makes something like an 11GB file that is nearly impossible to manipulate and process. But eventually after countless computer crashes, I stuck them all together.
Title: Re: Monsoon Rally Explosion
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 08, 2021, 04:42:38 am
Wonderful. The way the colour of the sand matches the colour of the clouds and sky (or vice-versa...) is amazing.
Title: Re: Monsoon Rally Explosion
Post by: Bob_B on February 08, 2021, 08:21:10 am
Magnificent!
Title: Re: Monsoon Rally Explosion
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 08, 2021, 11:35:49 am
Your suffering is definitely to our benefit.
Quite lovely.
Title: Re: Monsoon Rally Explosion
Post by: francois on February 08, 2021, 11:53:58 am
Persistence has paid off. What a shot!
Title: Re: Monsoon Rally Explosion
Post by: armand on February 10, 2021, 02:17:59 pm
Stunning!

I do have to ask though, in the attached image is that a stitching artifact or that's how the rock was?
Title: Re: Monsoon Rally Explosion
Post by: Wolfman on February 10, 2021, 09:01:26 pm
They don't call you Maddog for nothing. Very nice.
Title: Re: Monsoon Rally Explosion
Post by: maddogmurph on February 13, 2021, 12:48:07 pm
Stunning!

I do have to ask though, in the attached image is that a stitching artifact or that's how the rock was?

Most certainly a stitching artifact. And not one easily fixed short of clone stamping I suppose. But that's imperfect as well. This was a very difficult image to work with due to size of the file. I had to stamp it down and stop working with objects after getting an approximate blend of exposures, and then further raw processed some of those stamped files even though I'm sure that resulted in some IQ loss. I could afford IQ loss at this file size.
Title: Re: Monsoon Rally Explosion
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 14, 2021, 12:42:20 pm
Magnificent!

+1

Thierry