Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on February 04, 2021, 10:46:14 am

Title: The Early Bird
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 04, 2021, 10:46:14 am
The Early Bird. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2021/02/04/the-early-bird-2/)

Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: RSL on February 04, 2021, 12:20:53 pm
A great grab, Rajan.
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: MattBurt on February 04, 2021, 12:27:01 pm
Yes, excellent shot!
I have almost gotten something along these lines a number of times but have never been able to really nail it.
The birds I have tried with were mountain bluebirds and bald eagles both of which are kind of shy so by the time I can line it up right they leave!
So inconsiderate.  ;)
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 04, 2021, 12:44:35 pm
Lovely framing, Rajan (and I fixed the link to your blog).

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: RSL on February 04, 2021, 01:44:27 pm
Yes, excellent shot!
I have almost gotten something along these lines a number of times but have never been able to really nail it.
The birds I have tried with were mountain bluebirds and bald eagles both of which are kind of shy so by the time I can line it up right they leave!
So inconsiderate.  ;)

Right, Matt. I've noticed that the visual world is full of inconsideration. But once in a while . . .
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 04, 2021, 06:10:26 pm
That is indeed a stunning image, Rajan.
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: francois on February 05, 2021, 07:30:08 am
Excellent, as always! Perfectly aligned sun and bird along with great soft colors.
Bravo.
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: nirpat89 on February 05, 2021, 07:57:49 am
I am missing the Indian winter Sun as I couldn't go for my annual visit this year due to Covid.  Thanks for the darshan, Rajan!

:Niranjan.
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 05, 2021, 09:42:02 am
Thank you, all.


I am missing the Indian winter Sun as I couldn't go for my annual visit this year due to Covid.  Thanks for the darshan, Rajan!

:Niranjan.

In one sense, international travel right now is very pleasant: nearly empty airports, nearly empty aircraft.


Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 05, 2021, 10:43:55 am
Lovely.
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: nirpat89 on February 06, 2021, 08:48:40 am
In one sense, international travel right now is very pleasant: nearly empty airports, nearly empty aircraft.

Thought about that but decided against.  Why take the risk if not necessary.  I have my parents in their mid-nineties that can do without a potential exposure I might have pricked up on the way.  Next year (hopefully, after vaccinations) I will stay longer (and the flight will be totally, full I bet and twice the price.)

:Niranjan.
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 07, 2021, 01:35:11 pm
Now that's dynamic range!
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: armand on February 10, 2021, 02:18:49 pm
Great shot!
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: John R on February 10, 2021, 07:00:05 pm
Love it!

JR
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 10, 2021, 11:23:52 pm
Paulo, Scott, Armand, and John - thank you.
Title: Re: The Early Bird
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 10, 2021, 11:25:07 pm
Thought about that but decided against.  Why take the risk if not necessary.  I have my parents in their mid-nineties that can do without a potential exposure I might have pricked up on the way.  Next year (hopefully, after vaccinations) I will stay longer (and the flight will be totally, full I bet and twice the price.)

:Niranjan.

Niranjan,

Yes, of course, given your situation you made the right decision.