Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on January 27, 2021, 02:41:49 pm

Title: Minimal
Post by: BobDavid on January 27, 2021, 02:41:49 pm
Rediscovered this in my archive.
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: John R on January 27, 2021, 04:01:14 pm
That's a b-e-a-u-t-y Bob! One suggestion I have is to crop to bring the sun to dead centre. That would be in-keeping with the minimalist motif. It looks slightly off centre to me.

JR
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 27, 2021, 05:18:52 pm
Itl looks great to me.
(I think John has a micrometer in each eyeball.)   ;)
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: Bob_B on January 28, 2021, 08:12:02 am
Yes, what John R said.
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: Chris Calohan on January 29, 2021, 10:20:32 am
An interesting dilemma as per centering or leaving as is. I find centered (I did it in Photoshop), my eye goes to the sun first, then moves outside, whereas at 1/16" off center, right, I see the whole scene first, then my eye goes to the center. I guess it depends on how you view a scene, but like a chapter in a book, I want to digest it as a whole and not in individual sentences.

Just a thought.
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: BobDavid on January 29, 2021, 03:47:26 pm
Strange, the original file is centered. Something must have gotten shifted in translation. 
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 29, 2021, 10:46:43 pm
Lovely.
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: kers on January 30, 2021, 03:38:39 am
Simple and beautiful. ( the sun is indeed just a tiny bit off centered)
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: Arlen on January 31, 2021, 08:56:42 pm
Lovely.

This is the right word for it.
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: francois on February 01, 2021, 07:27:38 am
Stupendous!
Title: Re: Minimal
Post by: David Eckels on February 01, 2021, 09:12:29 am
I meant to chime in. I REALLY like this!