Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: rabanito on January 26, 2021, 01:39:25 pm

Title: Föhn
Post by: rabanito on January 26, 2021, 01:39:25 pm
Daily walk

Title: Re: Föhn
Post by: RSL on January 26, 2021, 07:42:02 pm
Lovely, Rab.
Title: Re: Föhn
Post by: kers on January 26, 2021, 08:02:34 pm
Like the scenery- where is it?
Title: Re: Föhn
Post by: rabanito on January 27, 2021, 03:48:42 am
Like the scenery- where is it?
The river is the Aare, the castle is Schloss (castle) Wildegg and the mountains are the Alps.
The Föhn is a dry mountain wind. The air is then very clear and the mountains look nearer.
Title: Re: Föhn
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 27, 2021, 11:11:01 am
Very nice.

And Föhn is a word I recognized from my studies in German over sixty years ago.

Title: Re: Föhn
Post by: rabanito on January 27, 2021, 03:03:43 pm
Very nice.

And Föhn is a word I recognized from my studies in German over sixty years ago.

Sixty years!!!

Did you learn Fraktur or Sütterlin then?
Just joking :-)
Title: Re: Föhn
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 27, 2021, 05:33:03 pm
Fraktur, definitely. But I didn't know it had a name at that point in time.   ;)
Title: Re: Föhn
Post by: francois on February 01, 2021, 07:41:13 am
Nice and and I like the sky and weather in this shot. Föhn can create "interesting" weather conditions.
Bravo.