Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => Article Discussions => Topic started by: BradSmith on January 25, 2021, 03:33:53 pm

Title: Suggestions for Dan Wells (or Editor if there is one)
Post by: BradSmith on January 25, 2021, 03:33:53 pm
Dan, I hope you and or Josh take this as constructive rather than negative criticism.  I offer it as a 13 year Lula veteran.

I think that your articles are much too long and therefore, difficult for readers to find what they might be interested in.  I believe you need to become much more succinct or have strong editing do that for you.  And as organization goes, you need to put in section headings/titles to aid the reader.  I just read your "Year in Review - Cameras" article.  Nearly 7800 words and 60 paragraphs.  It was an article that cried-out for headings.  In this case, camera brands seemed logical.

If your Divinity Studies are ever going to lead to sermons, you've got to tighten it up.
Title: Re: Suggestions for Dan Wells (or Editor if there is one)
Post by: Peter McLennan on January 26, 2021, 12:04:40 pm
Dan, I hope you and or Josh take this as constructive rather than negative criticism.  I offer it as a 13 year Lula veteran.

I think that your articles are much too long and therefore, difficult for readers to find what they might be interested in.  I believe you need to become much more succinct or have strong editing do that for you.  And as organization goes, you need to put in section headings/titles to aid the reader.  I just read your "Year in Review - Cameras" article.  Nearly 7800 words and 60 paragraphs.  It was an article that cried-out for headings.  In this case, camera brands seemed logical.

If your Divinity Studies are ever going to lead to sermons, you've got to tighten it up.

I agree with the spirit, intent and fact in BradSmith's post.

More concision, please.

Title: Re: Suggestions for Dan Wells (or Editor if there is one)
Post by: josh.reichmann on January 28, 2021, 09:41:34 am
Suggestions noted for more concise and broken down pieces.
Thanks gentlemen.

J