Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on January 25, 2021, 10:19:49 am

Title: In the Groove
Post by: Chris Calohan on January 25, 2021, 10:19:49 am
Another high ISO shot though not quite to 10K. 3200. Early morning light but that's when the Egrets, Herons and other waterfowl hunt, so that's when you shoot :-) This was shot right out my back door. Nice to live on a lake.
Title: Re: In the Groove
Post by: RSL on January 25, 2021, 11:17:18 am
Great shot of that snowy egret, Chris. Bravo!
Title: Re: In the Groove
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 25, 2021, 11:22:24 am
+1.

But I feel compelled to point out that with today's equipment 3200 could be considered "medium" ISO.  ;)
But perfect for this shot.
Title: Re: In the Groove
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 25, 2021, 01:26:57 pm
Excellent!

Jeremy
Title: Re: In the Groove
Post by: Chris Calohan on January 25, 2021, 02:25:21 pm
+1.

But I feel compelled to point out that with today's equipment 3200 could be considered "medium" ISO.  ;)
But perfect for this shot.

Yes and no. The higher, as you know, the ISO, the more noise that is produced and though you can remove a significant amount of it, it does downgrade the image to a degree. I rarely shoot Birds-in-Flight at more than 640 ISO if I can avoid it to ensure a sharper, cleaner image.
Title: Re: In the Groove
Post by: rabanito on January 26, 2021, 01:41:31 pm
WOW