Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mcculloched on December 18, 2006, 10:36:17 pm

Title: What do I do with my monitor calibration profile?
Post by: mcculloched on December 18, 2006, 10:36:17 pm
I know where to put my calibration profile, but how do I use it?
Do I use it in Photoshop?  If so how.

I'm running on Mac.  Do I use it for the display profile?  If not what should my display profile be set at?

Thanks for your help.

Ed M.
Website (http://www.mccullochphotography.com)
801.836.2192
Title: What do I do with my monitor calibration profile?
Post by: francois on December 19, 2006, 03:30:55 am
Quote
I know where to put my calibration profile, but how do I use it?
Do I use it in Photoshop?  If so how.

I'm running on Mac.  Do I use it for the display profile?  If not what should my display profile be set at?

Thanks for your help.

Ed M.
Website (http://www.mccullochphotography.com)
801.836.2192
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91301\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ed,
If your profile is in the correct place then open System Preferences (Apple menu) and go to the Displays pane. Click on the Color tab. On the left, there's a list of installed profiles. You must choose your calibration profile and you're all set.
Title: What do I do with my monitor calibration profile?
Post by: jjlphoto on December 19, 2006, 07:08:12 am
Quote
I know where to put my calibration profile, but how do I use it?
Do I use it in Photoshop? [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91301\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


And I'll add to the first reply, please do not select it in Photoshop for normal operations. It is used by your operating system to properly display colors. In Photoshop, you will most likely be using AdobeRGB, sRGB, ProPhotoRGB, or another RGB source gamut for your images.