Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Guillermo Luijk on January 16, 2021, 08:04:29 pm
-
This is of no use to photographers but could interest those Photoshop users involved in data visualization. I have recreated through Photoshop curves (16-point ACV files), the complete VIRIDIS colourmap set, very familiar to R, Python and Matlab users: 'magma', 'inferno', 'plasma', 'viridis' and 'cividis' colourmaps.
These colour scales have the property to be perceptually uniform (designed on constant delta E increments) and strictly respect a conversion to grayscale (interesting for printing for instance).
The R code used to generate the ACV files and a TIFF containing those 5 curves can be found here: https://github.com/gluijk/photoshop-colourmaps
http://guillermoluijk.com/misc/photoshopcurves.png
These are the curves:
http://guillermoluijk.com/misc/photoshopcolourmaps.gif
Regards
-
This is of no use to photographers but could interest those Photoshop users involved in data visualization. I have recreated through Photoshop curves (16-point ACV files), the complete VIRIDIS colourmap set, very familiar to R, Python and Matlab users: 'magma', 'inferno', 'plasma', 'viridis' and 'cividis' colourmaps.
These colour scales have the property to be perceptually uniform (designed on constant delta E increments) and strictly respect a conversion to grayscale (interesting for printing for instance).
The R code used to generate the ACV files and a TIFF containing those 5 curves can be found here: https://github.com/gluijk/photoshop-colourmaps
http://guillermoluijk.com/misc/photoshopcurves.png
These are the curves:
http://guillermoluijk.com/misc/photoshopcolourmaps.gif
Well done. I've been using the VIRIDIS colormaps for my graphs/(heat)maps/etc. of my local Air Quality Measurement project. Very useful for such visualization applications.
-
Very interesting Bart, are you publishing your results somewhere?
BTW I wrote a short article about the subject:
https://www.overfitting.net/2021/01/mapas-de-color-viridis-en-photoshop.html
Regards
-
For the same price I just added the curves for the five R built-in colourmaps: "rainbow", "heat.colors", "terrain.colors", "topo.colors", "cm.colors":
http://guillermoluijk.com/misc/photoshopcolourmapsrstd.png
Regards