Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jonathan Wienke on December 18, 2006, 05:30:01 pm
-
This is an experiment with negative space; I thought the look of the castle tower and the figure appearing to float over nothing was an interesting visual theme. Constructive comments/criticisms welcome, as usual.
(http://www.visual-vacations.com/images/2006-12-02_0081.jpg)
-
This is an experiment with negative space; I thought the look of the castle tower and the figure appearing to float over nothing was an interesting visual theme. Constructive comments/criticisms welcome, as usual.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91267\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The tower actually appears to me hanging from some roof rather than floating in
the air. I tried to darken the upper part of it to make it more "detached". I
also find the shadow in the lower window a bit harsh, and tried to blur it a
little.
Do you find this an acceptable interpretation of your work?
-
My apologies, I forgot to turn on a curve layer when I posted; the glitch has been fixed now. It darkens the background and strengthens the "floating" look, and increases contrast, especially on the left side of the tower, which originally looked quite flat compared to the right side. While I was at it, I burned in the shadow edges in the windows to soften them a bit; it does make them less distracting.
-
If the converging verticals of the tower were corrected, so that the tower was solid and upright rather than falling away from the viewer, the whole image would be strengthened and emphasis would be placed on the contrasting smallness and vulnerablility of the figure.........
-
Cool! Nothing much useful to say, except that I love it. Great atmosphere.
Lisa
-
[attachment=1411:attachment]I think the "hanging in space" effect might be enhanced a bit by a touch more negative space on the left. (maybe not that much tho...)
-
Actually, I like that, Tim.
-
I like Tim's variant too.
-
I did a bit of tweaking on the original, recropped to a 5:4 aspect ratio, and here's the result:
-
That's spot on in my opinion.
-
That's spot on in my opinion.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92089\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Tom I do like your use of flash on your web page.
one littel thing puzels me though you do not seam to have any way to contact you
Robert
-
Tom I do like your use of flash on your web page.
one littel thing puzels me though you do not seam to have any way to contact you
Robert
Hi, I am in the middle of completing the site, I will layer the galleries and put them into separate galleries for different locations, and add an about and a contact section as soon as possible.
In the mean time my email is: [email protected]
Thanks.