Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: dseelig on January 04, 2021, 01:46:11 pm

Title: Big Sur and Nikon Coolscan 9000
Post by: dseelig on January 04, 2021, 01:46:11 pm
Does this combo work with Silverfast and Vue scan I use one for Black and White the other for color
Title: Re: Big Sur and Nikon Coolscan 9000
Post by: [email protected] on February 13, 2022, 01:06:19 pm
I just got a Nikon Coolscan V ED from my brother and need to purchase scanning software to work with the latest version of Mac OS. Initially it will be primarily BW negatives but color film may be added later.

From the software vendors’ websites it seems that SilverFast 9 AI is a lot more powerful than Vuescan.

Has someone tested both and can confirm this notion? Maybe you, dseelig?

According to the websites, both scanning software solutions support Big Sur (11) and also Monterey (12) with the Coolscan 9000 ED as well as the Coolscan V ED.
Title: Re: Big Sur and Nikon Coolscan 9000
Post by: [email protected] on February 13, 2022, 01:47:58 pm
I guess I found answers to my questions in other threads here in this forum.