Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on December 28, 2020, 05:31:20 am

Title: Gone With The Wind
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 28, 2020, 05:31:20 am
Gone With The Wind. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2020/12/27/gone-with-the-wind-2/)

Almost lost my drone last week during Winter Solstice to get this shot. A video of the drone getting knocked around is here. (https://vimeo.com/494947126)

Title: Re: Gone With The Wind
Post by: petermfiore on December 28, 2020, 06:37:57 am
Very happy all is well with your drone ...In the Land of Fire and Ice.  Have a wonderful new year.

Peter
Title: Re: Gone With The Wind
Post by: francois on December 28, 2020, 06:56:47 am
Glad you managed to get your drone back down safely… It must have been a stressful moment.
Even with the shaky gimbal, the images are very pleasing.
Title: Re: Gone With The Wind
Post by: RSL on December 28, 2020, 07:56:08 am
Great choice of background music with the drone flight, Rajan. Glad it survived.
Title: Re: Gone With The Wind
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 28, 2020, 09:44:33 am
Beautiful result, and I am also delighted that you got your drone back safely.

I think I would have tried it in those conditions only if I had seven spare drones that cost me nothing.

Thanks for sharing this adventure.
Title: Re: Gone With The Wind
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 28, 2020, 01:00:24 pm
Interesting video: I'll bet you were on edge during the filming, Rajan!

And I agree with Russ about the music: it's one of my favourites

Jeremy
Title: Re: Gone With The Wind
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 29, 2020, 03:49:57 am
Glad it ended ok.
Title: Re: Gone With The Wind
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 29, 2020, 06:21:58 am
Thank you, gentlemen.

Eric - Having insurance helps, like it did when my drone crashed earlier in January in freezing fog. But I wouldn't want to file a claim twice in the same year.

Jeremy - Yes, there were tense moments until at least it got back over land.