Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on December 20, 2020, 02:25:48 pm

Title: yard
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 20, 2020, 02:25:48 pm
?

Jeremy
Title: Re: yard
Post by: Bob_B on December 20, 2020, 03:10:57 pm
I like the composition. May I suggest (in LR) go for b/w with a red filter to make the grass black and the reddish tombstones white. I think the contrast and pattern may be interesting (or not).
Title: Re: yard
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 20, 2020, 04:13:41 pm
It's fine as is, but I'd also like to see bob's BW version.
Title: Re: yard
Post by: francois on December 21, 2020, 07:14:31 am
It's very good and doesn't need colors in my opinion as the geometry is a very strong element. That said, I also like the vibrant colors…
Title: Re: yard
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 21, 2020, 01:43:10 pm
Not sure...

Jeremy
Title: Re: yard
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 21, 2020, 02:00:44 pm
I'm not sure either.
Today I give a slight edge to the B&W version, but tomorrow? Who knows?
Title: Re: yard
Post by: francois on December 22, 2020, 07:24:37 am
Keep the color version!
Title: Re: yard
Post by: Bob_B on December 22, 2020, 08:16:29 am
Not sure...

Jeremy

Yeah, not what I had hoped, but it was a worthy try. Keep the color version.
Title: Re: yard
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 22, 2020, 01:17:58 pm
Yeah, not what I had hoped, but it was a worthy try. Keep the color version.

It's nearly always worth a try, I agree.

Jeremy
Title: Re: yard
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 22, 2020, 03:55:35 pm
Yes. Today I solidly pick the colour version.   ;)
Title: Re: yard
Post by: John R on December 22, 2020, 06:21:58 pm
Not sure how you processed that first colored image but I really do like it. It looks painterly and is a nice counterpoint to the somber subject matter. Love to know how you got such a parallel overhead shot. There appears to be a heavy blue cast as well, unless it's chromatic aberration. One of the reasons I don't like the BW version as much, is the line in the upper left hand corner, it becomes pronounced and takes away from the overall look and feel of the rest of the image. It blends in better in the colour version.

JR