Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 17, 2020, 03:46:01 pm

Title: Windows, not Mac
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 17, 2020, 03:46:01 pm
Or: Through a glass darkly.
(The Blizzard of December 2020.)
Title: Re: Windows, not Mac
Post by: David Eckels on December 17, 2020, 09:37:16 pm
Love 'em, Eric. A propos of the season.
Best to you and your family.
Title: Re: Windows, not Mac
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 17, 2020, 10:48:08 pm
Thank you, David.
This may be the first time I've posted photos on the day I took them. But with all the snow outside (and walking impossible), staying in all day seemed prudent.
Title: Re: Windows, not Mac
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 18, 2020, 05:52:09 am
The second image for me.
Title: Re: Windows, not Mac
Post by: Bob_B on December 18, 2020, 09:10:24 am
I like the first one. fwiw, if it were mine, I might consider cropping out the window frame and just leave the snow on the pane.
Title: Re: Windows, not Mac
Post by: RSL on December 18, 2020, 09:16:49 am
The second image for me.

Me too. I'd almost forgotten what snow looks like, Eric. I'm finding I don't really miss it much. Since I grew up in Michigan and spent years in places like Beausejour, Manitoba and Great Falls, Montana, and lived 50 years or so in Colorado Springs, I probably ought to miss it. Must be something wrong with me.
Title: Re: Windows, not Mac
Post by: KLaban on December 18, 2020, 10:12:50 am
Love the first, Eric.
Title: Re: Windows, not Mac
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 18, 2020, 10:51:35 am
Friends,
Thank you for all the comments.
Fortunately, we didn't need to go anywhere yesterday, and byt he late afternoon our hired snow-shovelling team had cleared our walks and driveway. We only got close to two feet of snow, nothing like the 41 inches they got in Binghamton, NY.