Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on December 17, 2020, 07:45:32 am

Title: Color or BW?
Post by: Todd Suttles on December 17, 2020, 07:45:32 am
I am liking both. If you like one at all, which would it be?
-thanks, -t
Title: Re: Color or BW?
Post by: degrub on December 17, 2020, 09:36:05 am
IMO, if the tree is the subject, either 1) different lighting for the B&W or 2) different DOF for the colour version
Title: Re: Color or BW?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 17, 2020, 03:54:03 pm
I would like to see the light areas in both darkened a bit, but the pond held back. Both versions feel a bit washed out to me.
Title: Re: Color or BW?
Post by: EricV on December 17, 2020, 05:17:27 pm
I guess the high key "washed out" look is deliberate.  I think it works for the color version, which I like, but not the BW, where it somehow just looks artificial.
Title: Re: Color or BW?
Post by: Todd Suttles on December 21, 2020, 10:33:48 pm
THANK YOU Everyone for the help. I will work more with these suggestions and repost.