Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: stever on December 17, 2006, 11:15:55 am

Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: stever on December 17, 2006, 11:15:55 am
i need to put my father's digital slide shows on DVD for him so am looking for a relatively simple program
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on December 17, 2006, 02:27:39 pm
The mac's iDVD
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: pss on December 17, 2006, 03:33:13 pm
iDVD by far....
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: stever on December 17, 2006, 07:25:11 pm
how about Windows?
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: duranash on January 10, 2007, 06:18:37 pm
I notice this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd add my vote for ProShow Gold for Windows.  I've used the program for about a year and I think its great.
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: John Swearingen on January 10, 2007, 07:48:09 pm
Quote
I notice this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd add my vote for ProShow Gold for Windows.  I've used the program for about a year and I think its great.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94991\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

...for Windows,

I would second ProShow.  I've used it for a few years, and over that time I've tried some others, but keep coming back.  It's simple and straightforwad to use, reliable and versatile.
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: sipplepa on January 15, 2007, 11:24:00 am
I agree, ProShow Gold is a terrific way to deal with this requirement.
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: henk on January 15, 2007, 03:30:02 pm
Stever,
I am using ProShow Producer ( same as ProShow gold but professional version) for over 3 years with great results. The only problem I have with the new version is that it burns un predictable. This means it some times just does not burn the image. My work around is instead of burning the image, saving the image. This can be done within the software. Then pick up the image in Nero and you have a beautifully DVD with your best pic’s. One of the features that is attracting to me is the possibility of setting the Show options to 16:9 for widescreen.
  Henk
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: chen2 on January 17, 2007, 01:44:32 am
Photo2DVD Studio. It is an absolutely powerful yet easy-to-use tool to create digital photos slideshows for display on TV, and backup your slideshows to DVD.
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: wood on January 19, 2007, 12:10:49 pm
Hello,

The best of the best is the Premiere. Isn´t easy but you will have all options to make a very good slide show.

look this TUTORIAL (http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=192278)

good luk.
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: Albert Barnes on January 19, 2007, 03:44:06 pm
Hello together,

Premiere is not bad, and nice for DVD productions, but by far not the best - esp. for slide dissolving. The best is to check yourself:

We are using http://www.mobjects.com (http://www.mobjects.com), a special slide DVD Production program.
There is even a free version available:

http://www.mobjects.com/index2.php?loc=de&...tware&type=list (http://www.mobjects.com/index2.php?loc=de&sub_id=download&rubrik=m.objects%20AV-Software&type=list)
Within the download you can choose english as the program language

Albert
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: Gordon Buck on January 20, 2007, 07:08:16 pm
I use and recommend ProShow Gold but if your Windows computer uses Windows XP, there is "Windows Movie Maker" included in the system.  You could tinker around with it.  I'm under the impression that Windows Movie Maker is not nearly as versatile as ProShow Gold and also does not write to CD in as many formats.  Still, you might give it a try before purchasing something.
Title: Best DVD slide show software
Post by: hqconverter on September 16, 2009, 10:10:55 pm
Quote from: chen2
Photo2DVD Studio. It is an absolutely powerful yet easy-to-use tool to create digital photos slideshows for display on TV, and backup your slideshows to DVD.

I use Hand breaker