Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ray on December 13, 2020, 08:49:19 am

Title: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Ray on December 13, 2020, 08:49:19 am
The following shot was taken a few days ago at the same beach as the 'Beautiful Sea gulls'. I've deliberately cropped the lady's head to protect her identity, although I do prefer the full image.  ;)

Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 14, 2020, 09:09:43 am
❤️
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 14, 2020, 01:14:04 pm
❤️
+1.
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: francois on December 15, 2020, 06:59:53 am
No sea gulls… I understand, you crop them out!  :D
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Ray on December 16, 2020, 01:03:55 am
No sea gulls… I understand, you crop them out!  :D

Quite right! I shouldn't have done that. I should have blurred the lady's face instead. Here's the full image, including the seagull, with lady's face blurred.  :D


Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Cem on December 16, 2020, 04:42:28 am
Quite right! I shouldn't have done that. I should have blurred the lady's face instead. Here's the full image, including the seagull, with lady's face blurred.  :D
Made me laugh, fantastic!
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 16, 2020, 01:16:15 pm
Is that an iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro? (One way to tell is by more closely examining the curves.)
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Ray on December 16, 2020, 06:08:00 pm
Is that an iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro? (One way to tell is by more closely examining the curves.)

It's probably an iPhone 11 Pro, because research has shown that seagulls are particularly fascinated with that model.  ;D
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 16, 2020, 10:31:53 pm
The seagull is clearly the Art Director, telling her exactly how to move for the best shot.
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Ray on December 17, 2020, 07:39:33 am
The seagull is clearly the Art Director, telling her exactly how to move for the best shot.

Or maybe the lady is so fascinated taking a selfie of her own bum, she is oblivious to the seagull standing on her head.  ;D
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 17, 2020, 03:56:49 pm
Or maybe the lady is so fascinated taking a selfie of her own bum, she is oblivious to the seagull standing on her head.  ;D
Or the seagull is part of her hat?
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Ray on December 17, 2020, 10:49:06 pm
Or the seagull is part of her hat?

No. I saw the seagull feasting on a slice of watermelon before it flew away to land on the lady's head.  ;D

Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: francois on December 18, 2020, 12:01:34 pm
No. I saw the seagull feasting on a slice of watermelon before it flew away to land on the lady's head.  ;D

Is this really all that's left from the lady?  ;D
Title: Re: Wonderful Selfie
Post by: Ray on December 18, 2020, 07:09:17 pm
Is this really all that's left from the lady?  ;D

Now you are being really silly.  ;D