Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jswanson on December 04, 2020, 03:35:40 pm

Title: Time for a print head? Canon Pro4000
Post by: Jswanson on December 04, 2020, 03:35:40 pm
Hello all,

 I believe the time has come that my print head failed on my Canon Pro 4000. Before I order one, thought I would get opinions from here since many of you have far more printer experience than I.

 Far as I can tell it prints nozzle check patterns with out issue all squares no missing lines. Ran a few deep cleans, fine alignment and I keep getting messed up lines across the print at random even if multiple images on the sheet. Tried different media as well.

 Attached a picture of a failed print with random lines, is this classic failed printer head?

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Josh

Title: Re: Time for a print head? Canon Pro4000
Post by: Simon J.A. Simpson on December 04, 2020, 03:50:33 pm
This looks more like file corruption to me.
Title: Re: Time for a print head? Canon Pro4000
Post by: Jswanson on December 04, 2020, 04:35:45 pm
This looks more like file corruption to me.

 Thank you Simon, you saved me time, money and heart ache had I changed the head.

 My set up is printer LAN connected to wireless router. I have done printing in the past laptop wireless connected with no issue till now. I am using a new laptop which is possible I guess, connected it via LAN and have completed two large prints with no issues.

Thank you very much Simon for taking the time to read and comment!
Title: Re: Time for a print head? Canon Pro4000
Post by: Simon J.A. Simpson on December 04, 2020, 04:50:27 pm
You're welcome !