Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: rabanito on December 03, 2020, 12:57:06 pm

Title: Mushrooms
Post by: rabanito on December 03, 2020, 12:57:06 pm
Daily Walk. Cellphones aren't that bad...
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 03, 2020, 01:43:06 pm
Nice shot.

Did you dig a big hole in the ground so you could look up at them from below?   ;)
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 03, 2020, 01:53:33 pm
Did you dig a big hole in the ground so you could look up at them from below?   ;)

Maybe he's really a leprechaun.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: rabanito on December 03, 2020, 03:46:54 pm
Very easy. I just slid the phone under the mushrooms and jumped on the button
As for being a leprechaun, I'm over 65cm, I think I don't qualify  ;)
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 03, 2020, 05:17:07 pm
Ah, must be a genetically-modified giant leprechaun.
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: degrub on December 03, 2020, 11:34:43 pm
Maybe they were magic  ;)
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: John R on December 04, 2020, 02:46:51 am
Ah, must be a genetically-modified giant leprechaun.
Now I am afraid to post my mushroom shot :(

JR
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 04, 2020, 02:44:56 pm
Now I am afraid to post my mushroom shot :(

JR
Oh, go ahead John. I'm sure we can find something salacious to say about it/
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: rabanito on December 04, 2020, 04:32:33 pm
Oh, go ahead John. I'm sure we can find something salacious to say about it/
Yes pliis  :)
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: francois on December 07, 2020, 08:33:06 am
Interesting shot… did you taste them?
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: rabanito on December 07, 2020, 08:48:44 am
I wouldn't dare  8)
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: francois on December 07, 2020, 11:10:01 am
I wouldn't dare  8)

Sometimes, you get just wild dreams (= hallucinations) and sometimes it's simply the end…
I'm 100% with you, better be safe and hungry than face dire consequences!
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 07, 2020, 01:24:53 pm
Many years ago my wife and I went on a mushroom walk led by a couple each of whom had been at one time a president of the Boston Mycology Society (that's mushrooms.)  Several times on the walk the two of them got into fairly intense arguments about the identities of some of the mushrooms we had come across.

They did agree on the Chantarelles we found, and the fresh-picked sauteed Chantarelles were the best I've ever tasted.

But those arguments... We would NEVER trust ourselves to eat a mushroom that we had found in the wild.
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: rabanito on December 07, 2020, 04:29:57 pm
Hehe. I knew some people who knew about mushrooms
Once upon a time, while training SAR dogs in the forest, we noticed that the "victims" were distracted and not lying "dead" where they should have been.
They had discovered and were collecting mushrooms!!
Just anecdotic. They shared ;D
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: John R on December 07, 2020, 08:04:51 pm
Yes pliis  :)
Finally found the image I was looking for. I think the cell phone is ideal for extreme close ups and getting under subjects such as mushrooms. Not as sharp as I wanted. I try to avoid handholding now.

JR



Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 08, 2020, 02:26:03 pm
That is nice, John.
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: rabanito on December 09, 2020, 05:05:45 am
That is nice, John.
+1
Title: Re: Mushrooms
Post by: francois on December 09, 2020, 06:28:29 am
Elegant!