Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Mike Guilbault on December 02, 2020, 07:24:39 pm
-
I’m delivering digital composites (photos) to a client for display and archival purposes. I use Capture One Pro/PhotoShop for my editing and compositing. What’s the best way to export/convert to PDF and retain image colour and detail? Prints may also be required from the PDF.
-
I would say from Photoshop - Save as -> Photoshop PDF, with layers and embedding the color space. Then in the Adobe PDF Dialog select preset "High Quality Print" and check "Preserve Photoshop Editing Capabilities".
Check all the options in the Adobe PDF dialog to see if there is any particular thing you need.
As far as I know, you cannot save PDF from Capture One
-
I would say from Photoshop - Save as -> Photoshop PDF, with layers and embedding the color space.
It's not as easy or produces what you state per se. You gotta configure how to save a PDF, and that's a major part of the ball game.
Why PDF, what else are you providing other than an image itself, why not just send a TIFF?
-
I had trouble previously with this client (firewalls, security, etc) trying to deliver a jpg and a PDF worked - but that was for proofing. A full sized PDF is about 20MB and too large for emailing. I believe a TIFF may be the answer... just have to try it out with them to see if it 'passes'.
-
I had trouble previously with this client (firewalls, security, etc) trying to deliver a jpg and a PDF worked - but that was for proofing. A full sized PDF is about 20MB and too large for emailing. I believe a TIFF may be the answer... just have to try it out with them to see if it 'passes'.
20mb is nothing these days (and some email clients will easily take it) but there's Dropbox or Hightail similar to do so.
-
Hightail seems to be working. Thanks for all the help!
-
Another possibility is https://wetransfer.com/. A lot of artists, musicians etc. use the site, as well as many of my customers. A big plus is that you can upload/download up to 2GB free. Easy to use and I've never had any issues with wetransfer.
Just a thought :) :D
-
Over the years I've had great experiences using WeTransfer. I have a paid subscription for a number of years as well.
-
Another possibility is https://wetransfer.com/. A lot of artists, musicians etc. use the site, as well as many of my customers. A big plus is that you can upload/download up to 2GB free. Easy to use and I've never had any issues with wetransfer.
Just a thought :) :D
I"m often sending batches of large TIFF files, each file in excess of 200MB. I was using WeTransfer and was very happy with the free service, until one day they asked for a confirmation of my email address. After I entered it, the app wouldn't respond (maybe I reached my limit??). Now I use Transfernow.net. MUCH slower file uploading, but at least it gets the job done.
-
I"m often sending batches of large TIFF files, each file in excess of 200MB. I was using WeTransfer and was very happy with the free service, until one day they asked for a confirmation of my email address. After I entered it, the app wouldn't respond (maybe I reached my limit??). Now I use Transfernow.net. MUCH slower file uploading, but at least it gets the job done.
I think you always have to give your email address on WeTransfer, even if you don't sign up for a free account. With a free account, you can send up to 2GB, and transfers are held on their server for 7 days. I'm guessing, but perhaps 2GB is the limit of how much can be held on the server at any time, and once you get to 2GB you can't send any more until some of that has reached the 7 day and been deleted? I don't know, and I can't find anything that says that.
To the OP: if you find you can't sent jpegs then try putting them in a ZIP file and send the ZIP.