Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Carl Dahlke on December 15, 2006, 08:38:11 pm
-
It appears that EPSON includes just one profile with the 3800; all I could see after installing the 3800 software was the standard profile.
Am I missing something in the installation process?
I would have expected EPSON to include 3800 profiles for the EPSON media - the 2400 shipped with profiles for the EPSON media.
-
They all start with "Pro38". There are about 14 profiles? I didn't count.
-
It appears that EPSON includes just one profile with the 3800; all I could see after installing the 3800 software was the standard profile.
Am I missing something in the installation process?
I would have expected EPSON to include 3800 profiles for the EPSON media - the 2400 shipped with profiles for the EPSON media.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90769\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
These are the profiles that were installed on my system (Mac):
Pro38 PGPP.icc
Pro38 SWMP.icc
Pro38 PSPP.icc
Pro38 EMP.icc
Pro38 WCRW.icc
Pro3800 3800C 3850 Standard.icc
Pro38 SWMP_LD.icc
Pro38 VFAP.icc
Pro38 PPSmC.icc
Pro38 ARMP.icc
Pro38 PQIJP_MK.icc
Pro38 USFAP.icc
Pro38 PLPP.icc
-
Is there a legend anywhere for which papers those profiles refer to? I can guess about half of them.
-
Is there a legend anywhere for which papers those profiles refer to? I can guess about half of them.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=90787\")
If you go to Epson UK and download the 3800 manual
the info you seek is on page 173. For some reason its
not in the US manual.
[a href=\"http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDownload.aspx?lng=en-GB&ID=30766&data=C5D15DB02DA3D0C01D2742DCEE1BA16563979EB6D78E7969297B6CAD9FF58F09]http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDownl...97B6CAD9FF58F09[/url]
Bill
-
These are the profiles that were installed on my system (Mac):
Pro38 PGPP.icc
Pro38 SWMP.icc
Pro38 PSPP.icc
Pro38 EMP.icc
Pro38 WCRW.icc
Pro3800 3800C 3850 Standard.icc
Pro38 SWMP_LD.icc
Pro38 VFAP.icc
Pro38 PPSmC.icc
Pro38 ARMP.icc
Pro38 PQIJP_MK.icc
Pro38 USFAP.icc
Pro38 PLPP.icc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90786\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks - I can't believe I overlooked these in the Photoshop menus; I was looking for something with 3800 in it and the only one I saw was the standard profile. Talk about being blinded by preconceptions. Oh well. Do you know where they are located in the file system?
-
Thanks - I can't believe I overlooked these in the Photoshop menus; I was looking for something with 3800 in it and the only one I saw was the standard profile. Talk about being blinded by preconceptions. Oh well. Do you know where they are located in the file system?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90908\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you happen to be on a PC and XP, go to Win/system32/spool/drivers/color Have no idea for Mac.
Diane
-
Thanks - I can't believe I overlooked these in the Photoshop menus; I was looking for something with 3800 in it and the only one I saw was the standard profile. Talk about being blinded by preconceptions. Oh well. Do you know where they are located in the file system?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90908\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
On a Mac, they're tucked away in some Epson folder in a package in one of the Libraries; you'd have to locate it and do a control-click/Reveal Package Contents to find them. They're not in one of the Colorsync/Profiles folders. I'm not at home where I have my 3800 so I can't look at my setup at the moment to be more specific.
-
On a Mac, they're tucked away in some Epson folder in a package in one of the Libraries; you'd have to locate it and do a control-click/Reveal Package Contents to find them. They're not in one of the Colorsync/Profiles folders. I'm not at home where I have my 3800 so I can't look at my setup at the moment to be more specific.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=91241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Now at home--here is where they are hidden:
/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/ICCProfiles/Pro38.profiles/Contents/Resources/
Pro38.profiles is a package; do a control-click/Reveal Package Contents to get to Contents/Resources/