Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: rabanito on December 01, 2020, 05:28:55 pm

Title: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: rabanito on December 01, 2020, 05:28:55 pm
.
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: Frans Waterlander on December 02, 2020, 01:37:07 am
Birds? I don't see any birds.
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: rabanito on December 02, 2020, 05:03:58 am
Oh, they are far away and I had only a 50mm lens :)


Of course, I was trying some humor, I hate titling pictures. My alternative was "Trees".
Sorry... :)
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: francois on December 02, 2020, 06:40:41 am
Oh, they are far away and I had only a 50mm lens :)
…

Maybe, you could hear them well? Even with being visible (the birds), I like the shot very much.
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: rabanito on December 02, 2020, 08:03:55 am
Thanks Francois.
There the river is some 150m wide, I think.
I guess they were silent,.
But now and then I saw one or two small dots against the sky landing on the branches.
That betrayed them ;)
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: francois on December 02, 2020, 08:17:13 am
…But now and then I saw one or two small dots against the sky landing on the branches.
That betrayed them ;)

Hunter eyes!
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 02, 2020, 08:47:10 am
It is an effective image, conveying a certain mood.

PS: My interpretation is, the birds are just outside the frame 😀
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 02, 2020, 10:04:20 am
Birds? I don't see any birds.
Thank you, Frans. Before I saw your comment, I tried enlarging the image hugely and couldn't see any birds. I started to worry that maybe I needed to buy a new 200-inch monitor, or have my eyes replaced.

It's a fine photo of trees at a river's edge.
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: RSL on December 02, 2020, 10:54:02 am
 ;D ;D I did the same thing. Finally gave up.
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: rabanito on December 02, 2020, 11:39:03 am
Now you're making fun of me...
You see them in the three croppings...don't you? :-\

The title whas just a tribute. The invisible birds brought my attention to the trees  ;)

Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: Frans Waterlander on December 02, 2020, 12:09:15 pm
;D ;D I did the same thing. Finally gave up.
I also did! Maybe "Where is Waldo?" could have worked?
Title: Re: Birds Perching by the River
Post by: rabanito on December 02, 2020, 12:21:08 pm
I also did! Maybe "Where is Waldo?" could have worked?
Haha. Good one.