Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: rollsman44 on November 29, 2020, 02:46:45 pm

Title: Can My Acer Aspire C 24 computer Monitor be Profiled and if so
Post by: rollsman44 on November 29, 2020, 02:46:45 pm
  I used a Mac for many years and finally I could not upgrade to the latest software( firmware)
   So I purchased this computer and I love it and much cheaper than Mac
   I am having a problem trying to make adjustments with my Images. My images seem to be adjusted properly until I sent a friend a few to evaluate and they are way off
  So, I need to get a Profiler for this monitor,  Any suggestions would be Greatly appreciated. 
Title: Re: Can My Acer Aspire C 24 computer Monitor be Profiled and if so
Post by: Joe Towner on November 29, 2020, 06:06:23 pm
Are you looking to do just the screen, or do you want to profile a printer as well?

If you want to rent instead of purchase - LR has a few X-Rite models

https://www.lensrentals.com/rent/x-rite-i1studio-spectrophotometer
Title: Re: Can My Acer Aspire C 24 computer Monitor be Profiled and if so
Post by: rollsman44 on November 29, 2020, 10:46:20 pm
  Hi Joe, I want to profile the Monitor with Profile. My images I sent to the lab were way under exposed. The images on y Monitor looked good to me BUT NOT the results from the lab.
  So, I can Rent one?  How often does it have to be done?   Thanks Very much  Dennis
Title: Re: Can My Acer Aspire C 24 computer Monitor be Profiled and if so
Post by: digitaldog on November 29, 2020, 11:03:14 pm
Display calibration and profiling is a regular process (ideally monthly) rental is not the solution.
This alone may not solve the problems interfacing with the lab but it is the first step.
Title: Re: Can My Acer Aspire C 24 computer Monitor be Profiled and if so
Post by: rollsman44 on November 29, 2020, 11:25:55 pm
Ok Thank you. They seem to be very costly.  I was thinking of buying used if thats ok  to try and save some money