Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Robert Roaldi on November 27, 2020, 01:17:34 pm

Title: Interesting collection of photographs - Ghosts of Segregation by Rich Frishman
Post by: Robert Roaldi on November 27, 2020, 01:17:34 pm
An extensive web site with photos and links to other info https://www.ghostsofsegregation.com (https://www.ghostsofsegregation.com).
Title: Re: Interesting collection of photographs - Ghosts of Segregation by Rich Frishman
Post by: RSL on November 27, 2020, 02:47:10 pm
I was around in those days, Robert. In 1956 I was at a USAF rocket meet in Yuma, Arizona. My motel roommate was a black major. He and I and another major (white) stopped downtown for a beer on a hot day. The bartender served the other white guy and I and completely ignored my roommate. We got up and left. You can see all the pictures of this crap, but unless you were there in those days you can't really understand how degrading it was, for both blacks and whites.