Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RMW on November 19, 2020, 08:27:55 pm

Title: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: RMW on November 19, 2020, 08:27:55 pm

At sunrise from last June
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 20, 2020, 04:01:13 am
Good interplay of shapes, light, and shadow.
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 20, 2020, 04:10:58 am
Lovely. I suspect it would look very good in a large print.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 20, 2020, 04:48:38 am
Very good use of the lighting situation.
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Frans Waterlander on November 20, 2020, 11:58:28 am
I love the image but it's way too dark for me.
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on November 20, 2020, 03:02:32 pm
 Very nice, it works for me! The little bits of green coming through the mostly B&W tones really sets it off well.
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Alan Klein on November 20, 2020, 03:07:12 pm
Interesting shot.  Try it in BW.  Maybe it's me but is it leaning to the left?
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 20, 2020, 10:16:15 pm
Lovely. I suspect it would look very good in a large print.

Jeremy
+1.
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: RMW on November 21, 2020, 12:02:01 pm
Fellows,

Thank you all !
Appreciate the comments and critiques.

Frans, It is a dark picture as the sunlight was just beginning to stream thru the trees. And it was intriguing to me, but I understand it's not for everyone.

Here's a quick conversion to b&w.
Alan, thanks for the suggestion. It may be leaning left, but I have a hard time telling where level is.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.
Richard
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Alan Klein on November 21, 2020, 12:40:33 pm
I like the BW version.
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 21, 2020, 01:25:41 pm
I think it needs the green, as Kevin observed.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Cypress Copse in Honey Island Swamp
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 21, 2020, 03:51:51 pm
As for"left leaning" (OOPS! Shouldn't this go in the Bear Pit?) note that some of the trees lean left and some right, so unless you can persuade them all nicely to lean in the same direction, I don't think you can do much about that.

I'm reminded of a LuLa post a few years ago suggesting that telephone poles are vertical. Living around Boston, I checked out the next few hundred that I saw anywhere, and I never saw a single one that could be called "vertical." I'll admit that almost all of them were closer to vertical than to horizontal, but that's as much as I could conclude.   ;)