Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on November 19, 2020, 10:27:55 am

Title: Eldhraun
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 19, 2020, 10:27:55 am
Eldhraun. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2020/11/19/eldhraun/)

Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: armand on November 19, 2020, 12:09:17 pm
Nice! I recall seeing something similar when I was there but my low vantage point pictures turned out unimpressive.
Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 19, 2020, 12:44:45 pm
That must be farther east than we got when I was there, which was the year the ring road was first completed.
Utterly spectacular.
Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 20, 2020, 04:03:45 am
Fire giving way to life, after taking it... good photos and text.
Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 20, 2020, 04:06:27 am
I think the drone photo from the higher vantage point, on your blog but not posted here, is the best of the three.

The colours seem much richer in the blog, too.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 20, 2020, 04:56:12 am
Thank you, all.

Eric - the Ring Road still had segments that were unsealed until just a couple of years back. I guess you are referring to Version 1.0 -  the time when the basic contour of the route that didn't have to go through dicey terrain was first available.

Jeremy - the second is a stronger composition, yes. Ideally the two should be viewed together as the higher perspective gives the scale of the lava spread.
Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: RSL on November 20, 2020, 02:42:00 pm
Fascinating stuff, Rajan.
Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 21, 2020, 12:30:03 am
Love #1. Great overview.
Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 21, 2020, 04:32:27 am
Thank you, Russ and Scott.
Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: kers on November 21, 2020, 05:49:28 am
Very much like the blog; some histry added tot the photos makes it even far more interesting.
As i photograph architecture I dislike almost straight... I would have liked the road to be perfect in the middle...
The road symbolises the fissure ;  that from look at it - released a fast moving very liquid basaltic lava that covered the whole area.
Title: Re: Eldhraun
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 21, 2020, 07:23:54 am
Very much like the blog; some histry added tot the photos makes it even far more interesting.
As i photograph architecture I dislike almost straight... I would have liked the road to be perfect in the middle...
The road symbolises the fissure ;  that from look at it - released a fast moving very liquid basaltic lava that covered the whole area.

Thanks, Pieter.

I see your point about keeping symmetry. Maybe next time.