Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on November 18, 2020, 10:56:26 pm
-
Any reactions?
thanks, -t
-
Or?
-
Street photography at it's finest!
-
I vote for the second.
-
I would second that, Eric!
I wish there was a tad more room, especially on the bottom and the left. It seems just a little tight, but that's part of the game on the street where timing is usually more critical.
-
I would second that, Eric!
I wish there was a tad more room, especially on the bottom and the left. It seems just a little tight, but that's part of the game on the street where timing is usually more critical.
Yes me too. There was another person with the mother holding the baby picking something up. They were about to go, and the cap in the top of his head actually had to be cloned out to get that much space. At least her foot pulled from the edge helps a little.
-
I would second that, Eric!
I wish there was a tad more room, especially on the bottom and the left. It seems just a little tight, but that's part of the game on the street where timing is usually more critical.
Second response. I went back and looked at the original to see exactly how much image alteration I would have to do. I don't like doing any, or cropping, but thought the outcome on this one warranted both. I cloned out 2" of the tip of a stocking cap leaning into the image border, right where the woman's head was. So I did that.
On looking at it again, it was possible to clone out more of the intrusion so I did a quick rough draft of that composition and it was technically "better" by composition rules. BUT, surprisingly, that tiny changed the story of the Muslin woman pulling away from the scene into one of her just sitting in a chair with her knees to one side. This was a great exercise. Thank you for your advice. I learned a lot with this one. It is amazing how just a tiny change at the border of an image can drastically alter the story. -appreciate you, -t