Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 18, 2020, 02:41:15 pm
-
"Our Magnificent Planet 2020" is a beautifully produced book of single images by 300 individual photographers (each submitted several, knowing that at most one would be chosen.) The selection and sequencing was by Brooks and his recently deceased wife Maureen Gallagher. It is a stunning selection of images, IMHO!
I am honored to have one image in the book, and I am delighted with the choice they made of an image on the page facing mine. :)
-Eric
-
Eric, the loss of Maureen may explain why, after decades, I'm no longer getting LensWork. Somehow the subscription dropped and I didn't notice. Maureen always used to let me know when it was time to renew. I'll try to get a copy of the book. I often disagreed with Brooks, as you can see here: http://www.russ-lewis.com/essays/TechnicalExcellence.htm, but there always were things I liked in the magazine.
-
My feeling on seeing the book was that this looks more like Maureen's work than like Brooks's.
She had real class and taste.