Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: rabanito on November 18, 2020, 05:04:07 am

Title: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: rabanito on November 18, 2020, 05:04:07 am
Best regards to his US-counterpart  ;D
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: RSL on November 18, 2020, 08:03:02 am
Good shooting, Rab. I've been hoping a George would fly down the river during my morning walk so I could try for what you just got.
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: rabanito on November 18, 2020, 12:42:46 pm
Hmm... I've known this guy for some time now. He always flies when I'm not ready.
This time I saw him idling on the other side and told him "please fly!"
Of course he didn't.
Then I acted as if very busy with my camera. He thought I was distracted and made his sudden-takeoff-trick again.
But I was ready!
Rabanito 1- George 0  :) But only this time...
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 18, 2020, 02:44:48 pm
You've got the makings of a good, "sneaky" Street photographer, Rab!
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: RSL on November 18, 2020, 03:24:07 pm
Shame, shame, Eric. Street photographers are not "sneaky." They're "stealthy."
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: rabanito on November 18, 2020, 03:50:38 pm
You've got the makings of a good, "sneaky" Street photographer, Rab!

Hahaha  :D
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 18, 2020, 07:56:11 pm
Shame, shame, Eric. Street photographers are not "sneaky." They're "stealthy."
I sit corrected.
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 19, 2020, 04:45:01 am
Excellent.
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: francois on November 19, 2020, 06:10:09 am
Best regards to his US-counterpart  ;D

Looks like the new Swiss army interceptor ;-)
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: rabanito on November 19, 2020, 11:41:47 am
Looks like the new Swiss army interceptor ;-)
Haha. Some years ago there was an alarm and there were two sonic booms when the herons passed by.
We thought we had been bombed :-) It was a false alarm but anyway...
And no, we found no feathers left. :P
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: Peter McLennan on November 19, 2020, 11:48:57 am
Fantastic image.  Speed and determination personified by both subject and photographer.  Congrats!
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: rabanito on November 19, 2020, 05:58:27 pm
Thank you everybody  :)
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 20, 2020, 09:40:05 am
Love the shot of the Heron (well that's what we call 'em here in the UK), but when added to that water motion in the background, it just takes the shot up to an altogether much higher level of excellence ;)

Dave
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: rabanito on November 20, 2020, 01:23:48 pm
Thank you Dave

I'd call it Heron as well
The name "George" was invented by Russ, I believe  ;)
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on November 20, 2020, 03:00:00 pm
 Wow indeed! What equipment was used?
Title: Re: The Alpine George airborne
Post by: rabanito on November 20, 2020, 04:51:13 pm
Wow indeed! What equipment was used?

Thanks Kevin  :)

Nikon D810 Tamron 150-600 @600mm
1/2000 sec f/8 ISO 2000
Cropped