Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dmg on December 15, 2006, 02:19:53 am

Title: An amateur's experience with the IPF5000
Post by: dmg on December 15, 2006, 02:19:53 am
Hi everybody,

I decided to buy a IPF5000 today and decided to start documenting my experiences. So far I describe my decision to buy the 5000, finding one in Canada, and getting ready for its delivery.

I feel my experiences might be useful for amateur photographers who plan to use it for low volume and who are not familiar with this type of technology (I am totally overwhelmed by the number of papers, and I am starting to feel scared by the need to create custom profiles, something i have never done).

Check it out if you are in the same boat: http://turingmachine.org/blog/index.php?/a...ograf-5000.html (http://turingmachine.org/blog/index.php?/archives/6-Buying-an-Canon-IPrograf-5000.html)


Daniel German
http://silvernegative.com (http://silvernegative.com)
Title: An amateur's experience with the IPF5000
Post by: John Hollenberg on December 15, 2006, 10:08:34 am
If you (or anyone else) are overwhelmed by the choices or having problems with installation or operation, join us at the Unoffical Canon IPF5000 Printer Wiki:

http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com (http://www.canonipf5000.wikispaces.com)

Features:  an FAQ with over 80 questions and answers, help on choosing the correct media type, and a Discussion Forum for help from other users.  If you have a problem that gets solved and isn't in the FAQ, we will add it.

--John
Title: An amateur's experience with the IPF5000
Post by: Tony B. on December 15, 2006, 12:43:22 pm
Hi Daniel, I was surprised to see someone else buying/thinking of buying while printing such a low volume (for now).  I thought I had a low volume printing approx. 1000 8x10's per year.  

Keep letting us know when you update your blog with printer stuff.  I might have to start a blog-I have a blog site but have no idea how to use it yet.  Your experiences are almost like mine but I was never really looking into a 13" wide printer because of ink costs (except the i9900 that I could still use my 3rd party dye inks in).

Anyways enjoy learning and using your new printer.

Tony B.

Quote
Hi everybody,

I decided to buy a IPF5000 today and decided to start documenting my experiences. So far I describe my decision to buy the 5000, finding one in Canada, and getting ready for its delivery.

Check it out if you are in the same boat: http://turingmachine.org/blog/index.php?/a...ograf-5000.html (http://turingmachine.org/blog/index.php?/archives/6-Buying-an-Canon-IPrograf-5000.html)
Daniel German
http://silvernegative.com (http://silvernegative.com)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90646\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: An amateur's experience with the IPF5000
Post by: dmg on December 19, 2006, 01:52:39 am
Quote
Hi everybody,

I decided to buy a IPF5000 today and decided to start documenting my experiences. So far I describe my decision to buy the 5000, finding one in Canada, and getting ready for its delivery.

I have updated my experiences with the printer. I have included an errata for the Quick Setup and some issues regarding the installation of the Photoshop Plugin in an OS X machine (ppc based).


http://turingmachine.org/blog/index.php?/c...ries/3-IPF-5000 (http://turingmachine.org/blog/index.php?/categories/3-IPF-5000)

Daniel German
silvernegative.com