Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RSL on November 14, 2020, 10:49:49 am

Title: A Plant at First Light
Post by: RSL on November 14, 2020, 10:49:49 am
.
Title: Re: A Plant at First Light
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 14, 2020, 02:50:34 pm
well seen.
Title: Re: A Plant at First Light
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 15, 2020, 03:50:06 am
Pretty, Russ. Worth trying a bit of denoise on the background?

Jeremy
Title: Re: A Plant at First Light
Post by: rabanito on November 15, 2020, 05:07:41 am
I enjoy your pictures, Russ.
Thanks
Title: Re: A Plant at First Light
Post by: RSL on November 15, 2020, 08:39:09 am
Thanks all.

Yes, I could use DxO's noise reduction on it, Jeremy, but even with the DxO stuff, which is the best I've ever used, you lose a bit of sharpness. It is what it is.
Title: Re: A Plant at First Light
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 15, 2020, 12:41:38 pm
I was suggesting noise reduction in the background, Russ, and there's no sharpness there to lose.

Jeremy
Title: Re: A Plant at First Light
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 16, 2020, 03:43:18 am
I like the colours.
Title: Re: A Plant at First Light
Post by: RSL on November 16, 2020, 09:47:01 am
Thanks, Paulo. I liked the colors too and that's what made me raise the camera.

Jeremy, I'm not seeing a massive amount of noise in the background. I went back to the .DNG and blew it up to the point where I can see the individual pixels. I don't really see much noise.
Title: Re: A Plant at First Light
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 16, 2020, 01:14:47 pm
Jeremy, I'm not seeing a massive amount of noise in the background. I went back to the .DNG and blew it up to the point where I can see the individual pixels. I don't really see much noise.

OK. This is a screenshot of the left-hand side. It looks pretty noisy to me. Maybe it doesn't matter.

Jeremy
Title: Re: A Plant at First Light
Post by: RSL on November 16, 2020, 02:34:06 pm
Yes, I see the noise that more or less jumps out in the flat background, but I see the noise in the leaf too. I guess I could bring the shot into DxO's exceptional noise reduction, but since I'm not planning to make a wall-sized print of this I'd go for "it doesn't matter." Maybe I'm just too oriented toward street, where subject and geometry are what matter.

I just went back and checked the original. It was shot at ISO 8000, which on the Pen-F is going to produce noise.